Learning how my mind, beliefs and emotions are related to my physical pain has truly transformed my life!
I’ve been a healthcare professional since 2005, and am currently taking graduate classes in Rehabilitation Science (UBC, Faculty of Medicine).
My background is in shiatsu and massage therapy. I have thorough knowledge of how the body’s systems work, yet despite this there seemed to be something missing in my quest to relieve my own pain and help clients with theirs.
For years I suffered with hip pain that would move from side to side for no apparent reason. I really couldn’t figure out why
My own health transformation occurred most dramatically in 2009. In an attempt to heal a long-term, hidden depression, I began an intense yoga & meditation training. My nervous system was shot. Years of subconscious stress that had run my life began to unwind, leaving an awareness of the power of our beliefs in healing the physical world.
Many pieces have helped me along my path to wellness, including the work of Irene Lyon, Nervous System Specialist, and spiritual practices such as Ho’oponopono and A Course in Miracles. PSYCH-K has brought all the pieces together into a practical, effective belief change process I use with myself and others to bring greater healing to our world.
I look forward to supporting you on your journey.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- PSYCH-K Advanced Facilitator (2019)
- Reasoning and Decision Making, UBC (2019)
- Measurement for Assessment, Planning and Evaluation, UBC (2019)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Palouse Mindfulness (2018)
- Evidence for Practice, UBC (2018)
- Facilitating Learning in Rehabilitation Contexts, UBC (2018)
- Compassionate Inquiry, Gabor Maté (2018)
- 21 Day Nervous System Tune-Up, Irene Lyon (2017)
- Psychosomatic Therapy (2017)
- Stress and the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital (2017)
- Be in Harmony Workshop, Lise Bourbeau (2017)
- Self I-Dentity Through Ho’oponopono, IZI LLC (2016, 2017)
- Healing Qigong, John Weiss, MMQ (2016 to 2018)
- A Course in Miracles, self study (2015 to present)
- Registered Massage Therapist, CMTBC (2012 – present)
- Registered Shiatsu Therapist (2005 – present)
Please note, PSYCH-K sessions are not billable through massage therapy.