Hi, I’m Liz!
As a Registered Massage Therapist, I’m passionate about helping people re-connect to their body’s innate healing resources, so they can get real relief and experience the fullness of life.
My own health transformation occurred most dramatically between 2008 and 2010. In an attempt to heal a long-term, hidden depression, I began an intense yoga & meditation training. As often happens, things got worse before they got better. But through the process, I discovered some insights that have profoundly affected my life and work:
• a direct relation between the energy systems I studied in Shiatsu Therapy college (2005) and my low back & hip pain
• awareness of how my state of mind affects the physiology of my body
• how to ease my pain through present moment awareness and compassion for the emotions behind the physical holding patterns
I went from a life run by ‘made up nightmares in my head,’ to experiencing the fullness of life, as it happens. Do I still get pain and feel strong emotions sometimes? You bet! But far less often, and they no longer control my life.
Since that time, I’ve studied Massage Therapy (2012) strengthening my foundation in Western anatomy & physiology, as well as Psychosomatic Therapy (2017) adding to my knowledge of Eastern energy systems.
The work of Irene Lyon, Nervous System Specialist, has been important in my understanding of trauma, stress physiology and the practice of gently releasing the ‘trapped stress response.’ Metaphysical (spiritual / nature of reality) healing concepts have been helpful in explaining the un-explainable and trusting the process of Life.
I look forward to supporting you on your journey.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- Registered Massage Therapist, CMTBC (2012 – present)
- Registered Shiatsu Therapist (2005 – present)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Palouse Mindfulness (2018)
- Evidence for Practice, UBC (2018)
- Compassionate Inquiry, Gabor Maté (2018)
- 21 Day Nervous System Tune-Up, Irene Lyon (2017)
- Psychosomatic Therapy (2017)
- Stress and the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital (2017)
- Be in Harmony Workshop, Lise Bourbeau (2017)
- Self I-Dentity Through Ho’oponopono, IZI LLC (2016, 2017)
- Healing Qigong, John Weiss, MMQ (2016 to 2018)
- A Course in Miracles, self study (2015 to present)