Hi, I’m Liz!
My mission is to help free you from the muscle tension, headaches and other chronic stress related conditions that are keeping you down…
My introduction to hands on healing started at a young age, with my family’s requests for massages. I quickly learned how powerful & effective the power of touch can be at relieving pain. I also became fascinated with the interplay between thoughts & emotions, and physical pain.
Studying Shiatsu Therapy (2005) and Massage Therapy (2012) has given me a strong foundation in Western anatomy & physiology as well as Eastern energy systems. A passion for learning and experiencing my life to the fullest has guided me to study MindBody Connection, both on the physical (nervous system) level and the metaphysical (spiritual / nature of reality) level.
As of January 2018, I am taking courses in the UBC Graduate Certificate Rehabilitation program, with a focus in psychoneuroimmunology – a fancy word which explores the relation between the mind, immune system & nervous systems.
I look forward to supporting you on your journey.
Available Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- College of Massage Therapists of BC, active registrant
- Shiatsu Therapy Association of BC, active registrant
- 21 Day Nervous System Tune-Up, Irene Lyon (2017)
- Stress and the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital (2017)
- Be in Harmony Workshop, Lise Bourbeau (2017)
- Self I-Dentity Through Ho’oponopono, IZI LLC (2016, 2017)
- Healing Qigong, John Weiss, MMQ (2016)
- A Course in Miracles, self study (2015 to present)